Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Tours










We started our day of touring the countryside early this morning, by traveling quite a way out of the city to visit one of the floating markets. In the early days, the canal system was the major mode of travel in the area, so many of the houses and shops were located on the canals. There were also floating markets.
After that we went to the elephant park and zoo where we got to ride the elephants. I was really bummed that they wouldn't let me take one out on my own. It's a good thing they can't survive up north or I would want one of my own.
We then traveled to the Thai cultural center where we got to see how silk is processed from the silkworm to fabric. Pretty cool. They also put on a great show depicting many of the traditions of Thailand.
I decided to display my pictures a bit smaller. They take up a bit too much space when I have more than one.

1 comment: