Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday






Today was our last teaching day at Muangchaliang school. It has been very fun sharing our country with the students. In the afternoon Russ and I were dressed up in traditional Thai and Japanese costumes. What fun. At the end of the day we were treated to a performance by the Thai students in their Traditional Thai music group. They voluntarily participate in learning the traditional instruments and singing. It was amazing to hear. I can't wait to share this with teachers in Superior. Fortunately I had my video camera with me.
In the evening the director (principal) of the school hosted a dinner in our honor. Unfortunately Russ had to miss it because he suffered from heat stroke. I think it got up to 38 C today, their hot season is approaching. Russ actually ended up in the emergency room last night. He's better today, but pretty weak. Emergency room visits in Thailand, 100 baht. That is less than $3.00. Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment