Thursday, February 12, 2009

Si Satchanalai

I feel like royalty.  Everyone is so gracious here.  Thailand is called the Land of the Smiling people.  It's true.  But not only are they always smiling, their smiles come from their soul.  They are truly happy, welcoming people.
We were treated to a wonderful Thai meal last night after which everyone sang karaoke.  I think that karaoke is the national past time.  And yes, we sang too.
After dinner and song, Fred, Russ and I went our separate ways with each of our hosts.   Ratree and her husband Jamerla (P'Air) have opened their home (and hearts) to me.  I feel so at home.  Their daughter Somrathai (Jan) lives with them also.
Today was spent at two of the schools.  We visited Ratree and Mr. Chusak's school Muangchaliang in the morning, where we met with the department heads and then ate a great lunch (have I mentioned how good the Thai food is).  After that we traveled to Tawin's school, Sawananan Wittaya for a tour of their beautiful facility.  Tawin and his wife then had everyone over for dinner (yes, eating more good food again) and guess what...more karaoke!!  Maybe by the time I return to the states I'll be able to sing.  
Hopefully I will have pictures tomorrow, still working on how to hook up to their computers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment